Colorado Fund for Muscular Dystrophy is a 501(c)(3) Non-profit Organization. We are collecting donations to:
provide financial support of activities, programs, and events that will increase the quality of life for persons with Muscular Dystrophy and other neuromuscular disorders.
provide financial assistance in the form of grants for the purpose of assistive technology, medical equipment, and other equipment needed to support persons with muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular disorders.
Your Donations Have Gone Toward:
- April: Awarded grant to help pay for an electric lift to assist caregivers to transfer recipient from the bed to wheelchair; Recipient is from North Chesterfield, Virginia who has progressive myopathy
- May: Awarded grant to help with the copay for orthotic brace and a walker; Recipient is a 3 yr old girl from Virginia Beach, VA who has Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- August: Awarded grant to help pay for the repairs of a home elevator that was not working; Recipient is from New Jersey who has spinal muscular atrophy
- August: Awarded grant to help pay for alternative treatment for pain; Recipient is a Georgia resident who has limb girdle muscular dystrophy
- October: Awarded grant to pay for 7 month gym membership to maintain muscle strength; Recipient from New Jersey who has limb girdle muscular dystrophy
- Sponsored a child to go to 2019 Summer MDA Camp in Virginia
- Opened up grant application eligibility to all US applicants with Muscular Dystrophy or a neuromuscular disease
- Awarded grant to help pay the copayment of a powered wheelchair with seat elevation
- Sponsored 2 children to go to 2018 Summer MDA Camp in Virginia
- Awarded grant to help recipient’s family build an outdoor deck with ramp.
- Sponsored a child to go to 2017 Summer MDA Camp in Virginia
- Awarded grant to help a family pay for a child’s new push assist chair
- Awarded grant to help recipient pay for Go Wing Arm Support
- Awarded grant to help recipient purchase a shower chair that would enable caregiver to safely transfer the her from her wheelchair to the bathtub and provide enough posture support to allow her to comfortably sit in the chair. Bathroom equipment such as a shower chair is not covered by medical insurance.
- Sponsored a child to go to 2016 Summer MDA Camp in Virginia
- Awarded grant to help a family pay for an assistive tricycle for their child with MD – See News Clip
- Sponsored a child to go to 2015 Summer MDA Camp
- Sponsored a child to go to 2014 Summer MDA Camp- See News Clip